Thursday, July 30, 2009

Connection





On the day I finally went out to meet Greg, I got completely lost. It was the 16th of March, 2009 and I had forgotten to print out instructions for my trip.I was very early in terms of my ETA and though I was right in the area I still couldn't figure out where to go.

I have, and I don't mean to boast, a really spectacular memory for things I've read or seen. I remembered Greg's email with all of the directions but it didn't make sense from where I was at all. I called his number but there was no answer - typical of 'barn people'.

Out of desperation to be almost on time, I called my desk-bound friend Garnet and got him to log into my email account and guide me in. I/we made it to the meeting only a few minutes late in the end...

Of course, when I talked to Garnet I had to explain what I was doing lost in the northwest corner of Abbotsford and tell him about where I was going and what I intended to do there. Garnet, god bless him, thought that it was awesome and signed on to making sure that I made my connection. Like everything he does in life, Garnet did a great job of getting sh** done and made sure that I was where I needed to be in no time at all. Much love to you G - you helped to make this connection happen.

I had arrived at a new place in my life, with a little help from my friends.

Garnet hates having his picture taken so I'm not sharing any images, but you can get to know him at :

www.garnville.com *parental guidance in full effect, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment