Wednesday, August 5, 2009

1000 Words


All the lovely, sunny day at Greg's pictures were taken by my boyfriend Byron Dauncey on a "come and meet this crazy horse I'm obsessed with" outing in May. Byron, along with being a very good random book selector, is also a talented photographer and artist and one of the all-time greats in the putting up with a girlfriend's horse craziness department.

I wish I had pictures that went back to the very beginning, but I haven't gotten into the habit of carrying a camera around with me everywhere. In some ways, that's for the best too - Regal wasn't exactly pretty when I first met him. His eyes were small and kind of weaselly and he was very underweight and so angular as to be almost painful to look at. One wished, as the weather got warmer, that he could just stay blanketed until he filled out a little and started looking right again.

Byron, who doesn't know much about horses at all (but listens intently while I blather on out of pure goodness), told me that he'd erased a lot of the pictures he took of Regal on this day because he looked too skinny. I thought that was pretty sweet of him.

At the same time, he kept this one. Not exactly flattering, but I like to laugh - especially at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment