Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Studying


At this point, I was really kicking things into a higher gear in terms of my involvement with horses. If I wasn't riding or working around a barn somewhere I had my nose stuck in a book about classical dressage, the history of horsemanship in Europe or whatever The Boy had hauled home for me from the public library - often grabbed at random from the equestrian section.

One of the books he brought me, a random grab, was called Simple Steps to Riding Success: Feel the Power of Positive Riding. Inside were a series of exercises designed to help the reader define and develop equestrian goals using NLP techniques. I thought it was a bit dorky, but I decided to do some of the exercises just for a laugh (at myself of course).

I scribbled away over several nights and found that I was actually enjoying getting things down on paper. Unfortunately, I only made it through about two thirds of the exercises but I got a lot of ideas out of it and discovered that I was way more interested in Regal than I thought I was when I started. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment