Friday, August 14, 2009

The Power of Love

I'm trying to do this whole blog thing as chronologically as possible, but I just can't resist sharing this series of photos. Remember how I said I didn't have any pictures of Regal from his earlier days at New Stride? Well, this was sent to me today and I didn't even know it existed.I'm not sure when it was taken, but it's probably around the time I started at Greg's.



There is my thousand words for the day, except I'm going to give you a couple thousand more. This one is from around mid-May...



And this is last month at Wynn's.



I'd defy anyone to tell me that this was not a remarkable transformation. How fortunate am I to have been have been a small part of something so obviously good? What the pictures don't show is the transformation that I have undergone by being involved with Regal Spacific. My tiny role in his life is eclipsed by his huge role in mine.

I'd be withholding the truth if I didn't come right out and say that I love this horse. Not despite all his challenges and issues, but because of them. I see exactly the same beauty and potential in the horse in the first picture as I do in the one in the last. That, I suppose, is the power of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment