Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Moving Day



On the 1st of June the farrier came to do Regal's feet. I missed this as I had to be at work. Greg said he was very good, I took that to mean he did his best and nobody got hurt. Greg's farrier of choice is a real Master and he did a beautiful job. I wished I could have been there to see the process - all this kind of information is useful.

June 2nd the hauler came to transport Regal down the road to Wynn's. I missed this too since I was still at the office. Greg came into the barn at about the same time the hauler pulled into the driveway. For whatever reason, this combination of events caused Regal to throw a fit. It was so serious that he fell in his stall and nearly cast himself. Greg was deeply concerned by this and when I stopped by his place that afternoon we had a long talk about just what I was getting myself into.

I don't recall it all word for word, but the part that stands out was Greg saying "I know you want to save this horse but...". I can't complete that sentence because I admit that I tuned out at that point. I had become possessed by my own internal mono/dialogue that said "I don't just want to save this horse, I want to save myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment