Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Making My Case


I talked to Greg a bit about my interest in Regal. Okay, that's an understatement- I drove out to his place, arrived unannounced and basically spilled my nutty ideas about everything all over the place in between helping put up fencing. I guess I was on a bit of a mission.

My plan, in essence, was to take Regal on a trial basis - a sort of 90 day free lease. I would pay his board and expenses, work with him and a trainer and see if I felt that we might be a good match.

Greg did his best to encourage my enthusiasm while offering a long list of very valid reasons why I should consider not getting involved, chief among these being my personal safety. I left thinking things had gone pretty well - he didn't flat out say no.

Later that night, Greg emailed and told me that he'd leave the gate unlocked if I was coming out to get started. I was absolutely elated.

No comments:

Post a Comment